Monday, 4 February 2013

It's Been Too Long!

My apologies, everyone! I haven't written a blog in far too long. But there is a reason... several, actually.

It all started in October when my son first started Junior Kindergarten.

Shortly after he began, my husband and I discovered that we were pregnant with our third child. We are very happy about the pregnancy, but I will speak more on that later.

After my son's second day of school things started to go awry. As expected, the cold and flu season started, and our family was taken over by the flu. My writing was put on hold in order for me to be the mom that my children needed, and, of course, for some much-needed recovery time.

By the end of October, we wondered why our sons had not recovered from their flus, and it turned out that they had both gotten ear infections. Well, after a few rounds of antibiotics, that was taken care of, and everything was back to normal.

That was... for about a week. My morning sickness had kicked in full-force, and my sons once more got sick, though this time it was with colds. To make the month of November worse, my husband put out his back, thus turning me into not only the mom of my two sons, but also, to my husband who needed 24 hour care for nearly a week.

Shortly after my sons' colds were finished, and my husband's back had recovered, my husband was rear-ended by a truck (hauling a trailer behind it). Thankfully, the man driving the truck took full responsibility and said that he would cover any expenses that the accident would cause, so my husband's missed work (from the accident), therapy, car repairs, etc. are covered.

While we were dealing with this mess, my oldest son continued to cough (as he had been for nearly three years after every cold). It got so bad that he began to get sick from coughing. Finally fed up, I decided to get a second opinion on this (our first family doctor said there was nothing wrong with him). Needless to say, our new family doctor had a different opinion. My son has asthma.

At the same time, we noticed that my younger son got sick again, and rather badly at that. I had worried about his breathing, as well, and it turned out that he had Croup with Striders (for any mother that has been through this, I hardly need say that it was completely terrifying). The medication did not work, so we ended up needing to put him on inhalers (the same kind as my older son).

So, until the beginning of December, I was in a constant state of worry, laying awake and listening to my sons' breathing over the baby monitor. And again, my writing suffered (obviously).

Once the holidays hit, we had gotten into the groove with the boys' inhalers, and everyone was healthy. It was an amazing holiday, filled with family, love, and joy.

The month of January was, thankfully, as normal as could be. Apart from one thing...

On the 24th, I had my ultrasound and got some rather startling news. I'm pregnant with twins. Now, there is no history of twins in either my husbands or my family, so this came as a complete shock. It would explain, however, how I got so large so fast. I had thought that since it was my third pregnancy that everything was just getting prepared early. Apparently not!

Needless to say, the knowledge that we're having twins changes a few things. We've got to get another crib, another car seat, etc. Double everything. We're ecstatic, of course, it's just a very big surprise!

So, ultimately, that has been my life for the past four months. Busy, yes? I apologize for not being around more often. I'm hoping that I'll be able to blog more frequently, but we'll see how it goes!


  1. No worries! You've certainly had a lot on your plate! Congrats on your wonderful news!