Wednesday 8 August 2012

A Round of Blog Tag!

I have been tagged by mywithershins! Thank you!

Here are the rules:

1. Post the rules (done)
2. Answer the questions the tagger listed for me (see below)
3. Create (or reuse) 11 questions for those I tag (Hmmm, that will take some thought)
4. Tag 11 people (I'm not sure that I know 11 bloggers...)
5. Let them know they’ve been tagged (will do)


1. What color is most prevalent in your wardrobe?
Black, pink, and purple.
2. What type of shows do you prefer to watch on TV (comedy, mystery, sports, reality…)?
I love comedies and some reality. The following are some of my favourite shows: Big Bang Theory, Red Dwarf, Top Gear (from the BBC), Hell's Kitchen, Ellen Degeneres Show, American Pickers, The Office, American Restoration, Storage Wars, Auction Hunters, Man vs Wild, and MasterChef.
3. If you could become any creature (real or imaginary), what would it be and why?
Oh boy... I'll have to think about that one. Hmmm... I'd like to be an Animagus (from Harry Potter). That way I could have magical powers and be able to turn into an animal. And if I got to choose the animal that I could turn into, it would be an eagle, because flying/soaring would be wonderful.
4. Do you have a regular time in which you do your blogging/writing (morning, evening…)?
I do my blogging while my sons are content, fed, and rested. AKA the morning, just after breakfast. I also only do my blogs on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
5. If you could spend the day in someone else’s shoes whose would they be and why?
I would pick the Queen's, because I want to know what the inside of Buckingham Palace looks like.
6. What is your favorite place to spend time and why do you like spending time there?
My favourite place to spend time, believe it or not, is on the couch with my kids on either side of me.
7. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Oh boy. Another tough question. Well, I am not certain that I can think of one specific occasion, but I loved watching movies with my mom and my brother. We'd stay up late, curled up on the couch, watching movies and snacking on popcorn.
8. What did you always want to be when you grew up and did you become what you wanted to be?
When I was little I wanted to be either a teacher or a writer. I ended up going to college/university and graduating with an Applied Business Technology degree, then worked in an office for a few years. But after I had children and decided to stay home, I once more found my love of writing. So here I am, a self-published author of my first Historical Romance novel, and in the middle of writing my second!
9. If you could travel to any time in our history or future, when would you like to go and why?
No hesitation here... I'd go to Regency England. I've been reading Historical Romance novels since I was 15. I love the period, I love the fashion, the traditions, the rules of society, I love horses... the list could go on. I basically adore everything about Regency England, and would go there in a heartbeat.
10. Would you classify your decorating style as modern, classic, futuristic, rustic, or eclectic?
I'd say that I'm a mixture. I like to think I'm modern, but I also love antiques. My home now is filled with Ikea furniture and childrens' toys, so it's not classified as much. But when I get a bigger home, I'd like to imagine that I would fill it with antique furniture and beautiful paintings, with a kids recroom filled with all their stuff. :)
11. If you could meet the person you most admire (living or dead), who would it be and what would you say to them?
If I had the option, I would see my Meme (grandmother) again. I miss her terribly. She passed away when I was still very young, and now that I am older, I wish that I had asked her questions about her life and had gotten to know her better.

Now it's time for me to post my own questions to you!
1. If you could travel to one place, where would you go and why?
2. Where is your favourite place to read or write? Why?
3. What is your favourite novel and why?
4. If you could choose to add one room to your home what room would it be, and what would you put in it?
5. If you could learn one skill instantly, what skill would it be?
6. What is your favourite food and why?
7. If you could be anybody for a day, who would you be and why?
8. If you could have one superpower, what would it be, and why?
9. Where is your favourite place to be on a hot, summer day?
10. If you could travel to any time in our history or future, when/where would you go and why?
11. What type of shows to you prefer to watch on TV?

I can honestly say that I don't know 11 bloggers. In fact, I am hard pressed to find 1 that I think would respond to this post. But I will make the attempt!
I'm afraid that these three fabulous bloggers are the only three that I could come up with. Please enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Aww how nice of you to think of me! :D This is my first one of these blog tags... can I tag people on my Monday post? (Well, I'm going to be a rebel and do that anyway hehe :) Oooo, how cool! You've made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Happy to do it :) Sure, you can post yours any time! I'll check yours out on Monday!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for answering my TAG questions! :)

    I have a lot of pink & purple in my wardrobe, too! Glad you got to have one of the careers you wanted. :)

    I see we have some favourite shows in common. (Big Bang, Red Dwarf, American Restoration, Storage Wars & Auction Hunters)

    My decor is pretty eclectic - antiques interspersed with a more modern space.

    You thought of some great questions, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for tagging me!

      Me too, I'm glad that I figured it out when I did!

      Red Dwarf is by far my favourite show of all time. It's got that great British humour. You know they're making a new season? I can't wait! I'm also looking forward to the new season of Big Bang! Too funny!

      Sounds a lot like my style at the moment. :)

      Thank you! I tried. :)

      Delete