Monday 13 August 2012

Something British Monday #3: David Gandy

Good morning, Monday! Did everyone see the Olympic closing ceremonies yesterday? No? That's a shame. Yes? Well, then you must have seen the world's most successful male model, David Gandy, appear on stage.

If you follow me on Facebook, then you must know that I hold a slight tendre for the man. As I saw him revealed at yesterday's ceremony, I excitedly yelled, "It's David Gandy!!", causing my husband and sons to twitch in their seats. Let me show you what has me so enamoured...

He has sexy glasses:


He has excellent taste in undergarments:


He knows just the right spot to take a girl on vacation:


Very tasteful choice in swimwear:


He loves animals:


He's a true thinker:


He has beautiful blue eyes:


He knows the value of hydration:


He has impeccable style:


And yes, ladies, he's straight, and single! (I strongly urge you to google him...)

If you are interested in listening to him speak in his sexy English accent, check out these videos:
Interview on Jonathan Ross show
David Gandy and Battersea Dogs & Cats Home
Dulce & Gabbana Light Blue commercial


Rest assured, he is most definitely going to be a hero in one of my future novels.

Now I thought I would ask you: Are there any models (male or female) that you would like to see appear as a hero or heroine in a novel? Do you agree that David Gandy should be considered "David Candy"?


6 comments:

  1. I am always happy when someone discovers (or helps others discover) the gorgeous David Gandy. Fans might want to follow his Vogue blog and official page for more pictures, links and personal updates: www.facebook.com/OfficialDavidGandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, if only I was 40 years younger! lol

    As for models in stories, I have, in the past, picked up those calendars with the sexy guys, looking for inspiration for my leading men or love interests. Back in the late 80s early 90s I became enamored of Jean Claude VanDamme. I often wondered what it might have been like for him growing up in Belgium, being fairly small of stature. With that thought in mind, I wrote a story about a boy growing up in Belgium who was picked on because of his size and how his Dad helped him, before tragedy struck and the story became a drama/mystery.

    Needless to say, I think most writers look to the media for inspiration at some point in their careers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I hadn't thought to look at calendars! Maybe I'll have to check them out in the next couple of months when they start putting them in stores! Thanks for the tip!

      I used to love Jean Claude VanDamme! I haven't seen him in many movies lately, but he was in quite a few when I was a kid. Very good idea for a back story!

      I find that most of the authors that I read had some sort of inspiration for their heros and heroines. I like going to their websites or FB pages and seeing the pictures that inspired the characters in their novels. :)

      Delete
  3. LOL! Are you American then? I'm afraid he's double my age, so we would have no chance together. What a funny post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, no, I'm Canadian. :) ... and married. But that wouldn't stop me from freaking out if I ever saw him! He's only 5 years my senior, so I'd have a hypothetical chance, right? ... RIGHT?! :P

      Thanks!

      Delete