Friday 6 July 2012

Celebrity Crushes


This morning I happened to be browsing around on Twitter, and I came across a familiar face…

This guy:

 
















This is the guy that a large percentage of my generation had a crush on at one point. Let me show you what he used to look like…



That’s right, Ladies! It’s Devon Sawa!

I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw his picture this morning, and it got me thinking… what happened to all the other guys I had crushes on when I was younger?

So I looked them up.

The first among my teenybopper crushes was Jonathan Taylor Thomas (aka JTT), or as I knew him at the time, “Randy Taylor”. I was so enamored of him I even had a poster of him on my wall.

 









Sigh. I still love his smile.









Next came his 'brother' on the TV sitcom "Home Improvement", Zachery Ty Bryan. I certainly did a double-take with this one!



After that, I looked through my old "Saved By The Bell" crushes. I started with Mark-Paul Gosselaar, or as I knew him, "Zack Morris".



I thought I had the wrong guy when I first saw this. He is nigh on unrecognizable!










I was also in love with "A.C. Slater", or in real life, Mario Lopez. Now, if you ask me, Mario Lopez ripened with age.




Among my picture searches, I found this intriguing fellow…


I could not believe that he is Dustin Diamond, the very same man who played “Screech”! Do my eyes deceive me? Has that awkward young man turned into THIS? Remarkable.

I hope that this blog has inspired you to look up your old child-star crushes. But for now, I will ask you: Who was your child-star crush? What show were they from? Did you have posters or magazine clippings of them on your walls, too?

4 comments:

  1. Most of my teen crushes are really OLD guys, now! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! There are some really good-looking older fellows, too, though! Look at George Clooney! He has gotten better-looking as he's aged if you ask me!

      Delete
  2. Do you remember when your brother Mike got the job to photo-double Zachary Ty Bryan? It was on TrueHeart and I was the Office Production Assistant. Remember the wrap party cruise where you met Kirsten Dunst? Those were good times.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely remember that! I wish I had had the nerve to speak to Zachary Ty Bryan. I was way too nervous and starstruck to say anything, though. Do you still have the pictures of that? I don't have any.

      Delete